We offer modern standard Arabic courses in London, this courses is suitable for those who don't have a prior knowledge of Arabic language, this courses will be taught either with English transliteration or Arabic alphabet (the students can decide) . Students will cover:
- The Arabic alphabet how they are written in their initial, medial and final positions.
- Basic Arabic grammar structures, enabling students to identify subjects, objects, verbs, nouns, prepositions etc.
- Simple conversations to cover daily bases topics
- To be able to reading and writing short texts, and pronounce Arabic words, as well as being able to structure basic sentences.
What is the course about?
This course will enable you to converse in basic everyday situations in Arabic and also to introduce you to the written form of the language.
What topics will we cover?
Chapters 1-8 of Complete Mastering Arabic
Themes: The alphabet, family, jobs, describing things and places, asking questions, countries and people, nationalities.
Grammar: articles "the" and "a"; plurals, adjectives, attached pronouns, prepositions, masculine and feminine words.
By the end of this course you should be able to:
- Talk about your family
- Talk about jobs
- Describe things
- Talk about places and countries
- Ask and tell about nationalities
- Use the letters of the alphabet
- Write words using the Arabic script.
What level is the course and do I need any particular skills?
Suitable for complete beginners. Also suitable for students who have attended a short intensive course in Arabic or have a basic knowledge of the language but who would like to start again from the beginning.
How will I be taught?
The course is based on the communicative approach:
- active students’ interaction
- emphasis on speaking and listening skills
- pair and group work
- role plays
- use of realia, pictures and authentic material
- use of audio-visual techniques when appropriate